Liverpool boss Klopp admits Matip injury doubtby Paul Vegas24 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits Joel Matip is a doubt for their Champions League clash with RB Salzburg.Klopp has confirmed Matip picked up a knock in Saturday’s 1-0 victory at Sheffield United.The centre-back completed the full 90 minutes alongside Virgil van Dijk at Bramall Lane, where the Reds chalked up their seventh win from seven Premier League matches this season.Their only defeat of the campaign to date came at Napoli in their opening match of the defence of their Champions League crown last month, putting extra emphasis on Wednesday’s visit of Red Bull Salzburg.”In a good mood, good spirits, but we have to wait a little bit to give a final answer about fitness,” he told the Liverpool website when asked about the condition of his squad.“Joel Matip obviously got a slight knock at Sheffield, we have to see how exactly it will be.“Apart from that, everybody should be fine. Of course, we have the players who weren’t available last week – that means Shaq is still out; Alisson is very close but for sure not for tomorrow. I think that’s it pretty much.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
zoomImage Courtesy: Sovcomflot/Navigate PR Sovcomflot’s Aframax crude oil tanker Gagarin Prospect completed its first voyage across the Baltic and North Seas from Primorsk to Rotterdam powered by LNG as fuel.The ship delivered a cargo of 104,815 tonnes of crude oil on October 22, 2018, marking its first export delivery of Russian crude oil under a long-term time-charter contract between SCF and Shell.The ship received its first LNG fuel from Shell’s specialized LNG bunker vessel, Cardissa, at the beginning of October, and after less than two weeks, the vessel loaded its first export cargo of Russian crude oil at the Port of Primorsk.The operation marked a number of other firsts, as it was also the first ship-to-ship LNG bunkering to take place in the Port of Rotterdam.Gagarin Prospect is the world’s first Aframax crude oil tanker designed to operate on LNG as the primary fuel.The second tanker in this series, Lomonosov Prospect, was delivered to Sovcomflot in October 2018.The Russian shipping major expects to have six such LNG-fueled Aframax tankers in operation by the beginning of Q2 2019.Sovcomflot is gradually switching its conventional tanker fleet from traditional heavy fuel oil to LNG as a way of . complying with tightening sulphur and nitrogen oxide emissions regulations, including the IMO’s global 0.5% sulphur cap, which takes effect in 2020.
DETROIT — Even though unemployment is low, the economy is growing and U.S. auto sales are near historic highs, General Motors is cutting thousands of jobs in a major restructuring aimed at generating cash to spend on innovation.It’s the new reality for automakers that are faced with the present cost of designing gas-powered cars and trucks that appeal to buyers now while at the same time preparing for a future world of electric and autonomous vehicles.GM announced Monday that it will cut as many as 14,000 workers in North America and put five plants up for possible closure as it abandons many of its car models and restructures to focus more on autonomous and electric vehicles.CEO Mary Barra said as cars and trucks become more complex, GM will need more computer coders but fewer engineers who work on internal combustion engines.“The vehicle has become much more software-oriented” with millions of lines of code, she said. “We still need many technical resources in the company.”The reductions could amount to as much as 8 per cent of GM’s global workforce of 180,000 employees.The restructuring also reflects changing North American auto markets as manufacturers continue to shift away from cars toward SUVs and trucks. In October, almost 65 per cent of new vehicles sold in the U.S. were trucks or SUVs. That figure was about 50 per cent cars just five years ago.GM is shedding cars largely because it doesn’t make money on them, Citi analyst Itay Michaeli wrote in a note to investors.“We estimate sedans operate at a significant loss, hence the need for classic restructuring,” he wrote.The reduction includes about 8,000 white-collar employees, or 15 per cent of GM’s North American white-collar workforce. Some will take buyouts while others will be laid off.At the factories, around 3,300 blue-collar workers could lose jobs in the U.S. and another 2,600 in Canada, but some U.S. workers could transfer to truck or SUV factories that are increasing production. The cuts mark GM’s first major downsizing since shedding thousands of jobs in the Great Recession.The company also said it will stop operating two additional factories outside North America by the end of next year.The move to make GM get leaner before the next downturn likely will be followed by Ford Motor Co., which also has struggled to keep one foot in the present and another in an ambiguous future of new mobility. Ford has been slower to react, but says it will lay off an unspecified number of white-collar workers as it exits much of the car market in favour of trucks and SUVs, some of them powered by batteries.The GM layoffs come amid the backdrop of a trade wars between the U.S., China and Europe that likely will lead to higher prices for imported vehicles and those exported from the U.S. Barra said the company faces challenges from tariffs but she did not directly link the layoffs to them.GM doesn’t foresee an economic downturn and is making the cuts “to get in front of it while the company is strong and while the economy is strong,” Barra told reporters.Factories that could be closed include assembly plants in Detroit and Oshawa, Ontario, and Lordstown, Ohio, as well as transmission plants in Warren, Michigan, and near Baltimore.The announcement worried GM workers who could lose their jobs.“I don’t know how I’m going to feed my family,” Matt Smith, a worker at the Ontario factory, said Monday outside the plant’s south gate, where workers blocked trucks from entering or leaving. “It’s hard. It’s horrible.” Smith’s wife also works at the plant. The couple has an 11-month-old at home.Workers at the Ontario plant walked off the job Monday but were expected to return Tuesday.After the morning announcement, Barra headed for Washington to speak with White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow in what was described as a previously scheduled meeting.President Donald Trump, who has made bringing back auto jobs a big part of his appeal to Ohio and other Great Lakes states that are crucial to his re-election, said his administration and lawmakers are exerting “a lot of pressure” on GM.Trump said he was being tough on Barra, telling the company that the U.S. has done a lot for GM and that if its cars aren’t selling, the company needs to produce ones that will.At a rally near GM’s Lordstown, Ohio, plant last summer, Trump told people not to sell their homes because the jobs are “all coming back.”Most of the factories to be affected by GM’s restructuring build cars that will not be sold in the U.S. after next year. They could close or they could get different vehicles to build. Their futures will be part of contract talks with the United Auto Workers union next year.The Detroit-based union has already condemned GM’s actions and threatened to fight them “through every legal, contractual and collective bargaining avenue open to our membership.”Bobbi Marsh, who has worked assembling the Chevrolet Cruze compact car at the Ohio plant since 2008, said she can’t understand why the factory might close given the strong economy.“I can’t believe our president would allow this to happen,” she said Monday. Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown said the move will be disastrous for the region around Youngstown, Ohio, east of Cleveland, where GM is one of the area’s few remaining industrial anchors.“GM received record tax breaks as a result of the GOP’s tax bill last year, and has eliminated jobs instead of using that tax windfall to invest in American workers,” he said in a statement.GM, the nation’s largest automaker, will stop producing cars and transmissions at the plants through 2019. In all, six car models were scrapped, leaving the company with nine remaining car models for its four brands, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC.Among the cars that won’t be made after next year is the Chevrolet Volt rechargeable gas-electric hybrid. When introduced a decade ago, the Volt was meant to be a bridge to fully electric cars, the company said. It has a small battery that can take it about 50 miles, then it switches to a small gasoline engine.But since it was introduced, battery technology has improved dramatically, GM said. Now the full-electric Chevrolet Bolt can go up to 238 miles on a single charge.The United Auto Workers promised to fight any plant closures and criticized GM for cutting U.S. jobs while building full-size pickups in Mexico. It also recently announced that a new Chevrolet Blazer SUV will be built there. Also, GM imports the Buick Envision midsize SUV from China.___Associated Press writers Rob Gillies in Toronto, John Seewer in Toledo, Ohio, and Zeke Miller in Washington contributed to this report.Tom Krisher, The Associated Press
“I’m just really excited to be a part of the District team and the Lone Wolf Team. I had a chance to meet everyone over here at the Office and at the Golf Course. I’m excited to be a part of that brand and team.”Mayor Rob Fraser says he is looking forward to seeing Galay and the new team work together.“Thank you very much for taking the position and we’re looking forward to you and the team, there’s a new team there at the Golf Course, so we’re interested in how you are going to gel them together and we’re interested in your new ideas. Welcome, and thank you.”Prior to this position, Galay was General Manager and Lead Pro at Lakepoint Golf and Country Club in Charlie Lake. TAYLOR, B.C. – At a recent District of Taylor Council Meeting, Council introduced the new General Manager for the Lone Wolf Golf Club.Ryan Galay was hired by the District as the new General Manager for the Golf Course, replacing Dave Callum.Galay says he is very excited to join the Lone Wolf Team as a General Manager.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Recently the FSJ Tourism Board made a presentation to City Council regarding their role working with the City as well as their desire to change a bylaw to allow them to become a society.In 2010, Tourism Fort St. John board was developed with a bylaw that has prevented and limits potential growth opportunities for the tourism organization to operate efficiently in Fort St John.The Board made a request to Council to rescind the bylaw and allow the board to incorporate as registered Society in BC rather than a Board of Council as well as retaining ownership of the branding and name ‘Tourism Fort St. John’. The Tourism Board also requested a financial commitment in the amount of $52,000.00 annually for a three year period (2020 – 2022). The annual funding would continue to provide Fort St. John with tourism services and capacity development through the creation of a business plan, a Tap Know & Go development study, professional development, stakeholder engagement, marketing, administration costs and would take over the NE BCTourism Marketing Cooperative, currently undertaken by the Visitor Centre.Council approved the motion and a repeal bylaw will be drafted for Tourism Fort St.John Bylaw No. 2049, 2010 and a fee for service agreement developed.
Kolkata: Swashbuckling Andre Russell’s big-hitting prowess will be pitted against Kagiso Rabada’s inch-perfect yorkers for the second time when Kolkata Kight Riders face Delhi Capitals in a return-leg fixture of the IPL here on Friday. Away from the match, the spotlight will also fall on where former KKR and India captain Sourav Ganguly sits during the match. Ganguly will be a ‘visitor’ at his ‘home’ ground of Eden Gardens as he is currently donning the advisor’s hat in the Delhi franchise, which has drawn ‘conflict-of-interest’ charges against him. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhSecond in the IPL table with eight points from six matches, KKR’s season so far has been a Russell show with the Jamaican amassing 257 runs from five innings, out of which 150 have come in sixes alone. His average has been 128.50 while the strike rate is a mind-boggling 212.39, something that has left the opposition clueless on how to stop him. Mahendra Singh Dhoni did it with perfect execution by stranding Dre-Russ (as Russell is known to KKR fans) with his spin-heavy attack en route to handing KKR a crushing seven-wicket defeat in Chennai in their last match. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterKKR’s second defeat this season has been at the hands of Delhi Capitals in a dramatic Super Over finish at Kotla with Rabada winning the battle against Russell. Tasked to defend 11 runs in the Super Over, Rabada was smashed for a four by Russell in the first ball, but returned strongly to uproot the middle stump with an inch-perfect yorker, something Ganguly has termed as the “ball of the tournament”. While KKR will look to avenge their first leg defeat, Delhi, who have six points from as many matches, will be looking for their fourth win of the league to return to top-five. While the KKR fans may be anticipating a Russell-mania at the Eden, the nature of the wicket will also play an important role in Friday’s match. With Delhi Capitals boasting a world class pace attack spearheaded by the 23-year-old South African Rabada, a few insiders at Cricket Association of Bengal have claimed that its president Ganguly may have a ‘say’ in the pitch which could assist pacers. “You will know about the nature of the wicket on the day of the match. Whatever it is, whichever team plays well will win, it’s simple,” Ganguly has said, why replying on the allegations with a straight bat, even as Eden Gardens is set to be divided in loyalty.
Related Items:cctv may be coming to TCI, meeting held to see what other jurisdictions are doing in terms of cctv Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, July 29, 2016 – A steering committee will be formed and CCTV is finally closer to coming for the Turks and Caicos Islands. In the fifth National Security Council or NSC meeting, held on Tuesday July 26, it was determined that a committee will explore what other jurisdictions are doing. This committee is to be chaired by Director of the Premier’s Office, Althea Been. At the meeting were: the Governor, Premier, Police Commissioner, Minister for Border Control and the Attorney General.
Rafael Benitez revealed that Newcastle United’s willingness to stick to their game plan was key behind their shock comeback 2-1 win over Manchester City.Sergio Aguero’s goal in the opening 24 seconds of the game at St James’ Park appeared to set City on route to a 19th Premier League win this season.But things soon began to change when Aguero later had a goal disallowed after referee Paul Tierney deemed that Kevin De Bruyne had taken a free-kick before he gave it the go-ahead with City rarely troubling Newcastle keeper Martin Dubravka afterwards.Benitez’s side began to grow in confidence in front of their home crowd and were awarded for their patience when Salomon Rondon scored an equaliser in the 66th-minute.Matt Ritchie then fired home a penalty in the final 10 minutes of the match after Fernandinho had fouled Sean Longstaff in the area to hand Newcastle all three points.Speaking after the victory, a jubilant Benitez praised the reaction of his squad following the very early setback by sticking to their game plan.“We had a game plan – it was not to concede a goal in the first minute,” said Benitez, according to Liverpool Echo.“The reaction of the players was important. We said in the half-time to stay in the game. The fans appreciate how we played and the way we won against a very good team. We stuck with our game plan.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“We were good enough to score two and lucky enough not to concede. Overall we needed to win one of these games.“I think they were surprised they scored so early and maybe they had more confidence they could win. There’s pressure and I think that was another factor – a draw wasn’t enough for them.”The win moves Newcastle up to 14th-place in the Premier League and, crucially, five points above the drop zone.Meanwhile, City’s title hopes suffered a major dent with Pep Guardiola’s men sitting six points behind leaders Liverpool and having played one more game than their rivals.FULL TIME – Newcastle United 2 Manchester City 1. It’s a superb win for the Magpies! #NUFC pic.twitter.com/76osmK1RfC— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) January 29, 2019