Family, ambition and greed! Christopher B. Latro’s The Happy Family is heading off-Broadway. Directed by Anna Bamberger and featuring Kailey Prior, Eric Gravez, Sabina Petra and James Feuer, the dark comedy will play a limited engagement April 2 through May 9. Opening night is scheduled for April 8 at Theatre Row. View Comments Scenic design will be by Lauren Mills, with lighting by Jamie Roderick, sound and original music by Sam Godin and costumes by Michael Alan Stein. The Happy Family Related Shows In The Happy Family, Cornelia and William weather a seemingly frustrated, tired marriage. Her mother and step-father’s relationship eerily mirror her own – especially with regard to feelings about the family business, an underground quasi–Ponzi scheme involving high art. When Dennis and Elizabeth, a sexually progressive, happy couple, are introduced, layers of dysfunction, deceit and disease seep in, with permanently damaging results. Show Closed This production ended its run on April 25, 2015
In February, the interior minister admitted that the homicide rate had climbed to 48 murders per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010 but did not give a precise count, saying only that there were around 14,000 killings that year. The Venezuela Violence Monitor (OVV) said that 19,336 people had been murdered in 2011, an average of 53 per day in a country of 29 million. Violent crime is a leading concern, both for Venezuelans fearful for their personal safety and for left-wing President Hugo Chavez’s government, which provides only limited violent crime figures. Venezuela is on track to set a new record for murders and to remain South America’s most violent country, according to data released by a crime watchdog. An absolute lie, Venezuela is a suckling baby compared to Colombia, Brazil, Mexico. that shell of an organization OVV is made up of people who in 40 years looted Venezuela and who want to continue on with their exclusive policy. The group’s figures indicate that the rate of homicides climbed to 67 per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011, constituting an “epidemic” of violence. “We must inform the nation that 2011 will end as the most violent year in the nation’s history,” the group said in a press release. That murder rate surpassed those of neighboring Colombia, which was 32 per 100,000 inhabitants last year, and Mexico, which was 14 per 100,000 inhabitants. By Dialogo December 29, 2011
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Sharing is caring! 175 Views no discussions Families had to endure an agonising wait for newsIndonesian officials have confirmed that bodies and debris found in the Java Sea off Borneo are from AirAsia flight QZ8501 that went missing on Sunday, a statement by AirAsia says.AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes said he was “devastated” by the news.President Joko Widodo told media he had instructed all search teams to focus on finding the passengers and crew.The Airbus A320-200, carrying 162 people from Surabaya in Indonesia to Singapore, disappeared on Sunday.The navy said 40 bodies have been recovered, though other officials have given much smaller figures.The discovery came on the third day of searching. A navy spokesman said rescuers were “very busy now” with the salvage operation.‘Families are priority’The AirAsia statement said the remains were found in the Karimata Strait, south west of Pangkalan Bun in the Borneo province of Central Kalimantan.Mr Fernandes said: “I am absolutely devastated. This is a very difficult moment for all of us at AirAsia as we await further developments of the search and rescue operations but our first priority now is the wellbeing of the family members of those on board QZ8501.”The statement said family members would be assigned care providers and an emergency call centre set up for those seeking information.In a news conference shortly after the discovery was confirmed, Mr Widodo urged relatives to be strong in facing “this difficult moment”.“I have instructed all teams to focus on finding the passengers and crew,” he said.The first debris from the plane was spotted earlier on Tuesday. Pictures of debris and bodies were shown on Indonesian TV. Relatives of passengers on the plane watching the pictures were visibly shocked.The head of the search operation, Bambang Soelistyo, said that a shadow was also spotted under the water, which appeared to be in the shape of a plane.All resources were now being sent to the area where the debris was found, he said.Mr Soelistyo added that ships with more sophisticated technology were being deployed to check whether larger parts of the plane were submerged beneath the debris.AFP journalist Bay Ismoyo, who took some of the first photos of the debris, said he saw “an orange object floating on the waters”.“We saw an unusual object floating. We tried to zoom in and we recognised what looks like a life vest.”At least 30 ships, 15 aircraft and seven helicopters joined the operation when it resumed at 06:00 local time on Tuesday (23:00 GMT Monday).The operation, led by Indonesia, includes assistance from Malaysia, Singapore and Australia, with other offers of help from South Korea, Thailand, China and France. The US destroyer USS Sampson is on its way to the zone.Communication lostOn board the plane were 137 adult passengers, 17 children and one infant, along with two pilots and five crew.Most were Indonesian but the passengers included one UK national, a Malaysian, a Singaporean and three South Koreans.The plane left Surabaya at 05:35 Jakarta time on Sunday and had been due to arrive in Singapore two hours later.Safety officials say the captain had asked for permission to take the plane higher but, by the time permission was granted, communication with the plane was lost.It was officially declared missing at 07:55.AirAsia previously had an excellent safety record and there were no fatal accidents involving its aircraft. Share Share Share InternationalLifestylePrintTravel AirAsia says debris is missing plane by: BBC News – December 30, 2014 Tweet
68 Views no discussions Share Share LocalNews Mahaut Bypass coming soon by: – August 31, 2011 Tweet Sharing is caring! Share Hon. Rayburn Blackmoore. (file photo)Cabinet has taken a decision to construct a bypass in the Massacre/Mahaut area to compliment ongoing works which will form part of the Roseau to Portsmouth Road Rehabilitation Project.While many questions have been raised regarding plans by the Ministry of Public Works to relocate residents in the Mahaut area, Mr Blackmoore told Dominica Vibes News that a decision has been taken to construct a bypass in Mahaut, which means that villagers will not be relocated.According to Mr. Blackmoore architects are now looking at designs for the project, which will be more cost effective for the government.“In Mahaut as I have said, we have taken a cabinet decision that the preferred choice would be to do a bypass and we have to go back and ensure that that in itself is done in due course. What is being done now and I can say to you that already we have invited persons; of course we have given them the parameters to start with the design concept for that bypass in Mahaut.”Last week Mr Blackmoore conducted site visits under the Canefield cliff and Tarreau, where he expressed his satisfaction with the progress of the ongoing works.He said that engineers will soon be moving to the community of Salisbury, as they spread out the work phases, so as to allow the free flow of traffic at all times.He said that while there is no set date for the commencement of the Mahaut bypass, the project is expected to be implemented shortly after the completion of the West Coast Road project.“That contract in itself has different components and upon signing the contract we wanted time to allow us to deal with the Mahaut area so that’s why they were able to start in other areas while we decide as a Government what the preferred choice is for us. We have to look at all the variables because what was supposed to happen as far as the project was concerned was the issue of whether is it cheaper to do acquisition. Yes in terms of acquisition costs it might be cheaper but there are other variables that you have to take into consideration; the issue of resettlement cost and other social components that you cannot put a nominal figure to. All these things have to be taken into consideration that is why we believe going forward we think that the bypass is the preferred option,” Mr Blackmoore said.The Mahaut bypass is expected to be a separate project from the Roseau to Portsmouth Road Rehabilitation Project.Dominica Vibes News
Tweet Marcella Liburd. Image via: caribbeanelections.comBASSETERRE, St Kitts — The third leg of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) national consultations on gangs and gang violence project opened in St Kitts and Nevis on Monday with a call from that country’s Minister of Social Development, Culture and Gender Affairs, Marcella Liburd, for “traditional shapers of society “to reassert their role in order to mitigate the culture of youth gangs and violence which has pervaded the society. She was addressing more than sixty stakeholders at the national consultation in St Kitts organized to pave the way for the implementation of a pilot project on youth gangs and gang violence in that Federation. “It is clear that the traditional socialization institutions – home, church, community and school – are failing to inculcate values in the youths … and their role is fast being usurped by new media technologies,” the minister asserted. Liburd added that parents and other socialisation agents did not fully understand the implications of the shift in role models and socialisation agents and were really out of step with what’s happening in this global society. “We all need to get back into step” she stressed. What was needed to curtail violence, according to the minister, was a two pronged approach including tradition law enforcement and social interventions for crime prevention. Funded by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the consultation is the third in a series organized to assess the needs of the four countries – Belize, Guyana, St Kitts and Nevis and Trinidad and Tobago – involved in the youth gangs and gang violence pilot project. The project forms part of the first component of the CARICOM social development and crime prevention action plan, which was developed by the CARICOM Secretariat in tandem with the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to “prevent and reduce levels of violence and crime in member states, through a cross-sectoral and multi-disciplinary approach…” The plan is grounded in five pillars — reduce violence; foster social inclusion; promote integration; empower victims; and protect the environment and economic resources – which are linked to the regional development agenda. Liburd was convinced that the transformative approach to youth interventions should be evidence based, action oriented and aligned with governments’ socio-economic agenda — not just welfare oriented which gave rise to dependency and materialism. She outlined a slew of interventions that the government of St Kitts and Nevis had undertaken to combat youth gangs and violence, noting that her country had embraced the need to sustain the crime prevention initiatives and to strengthen collaboration with partners for effective delivery of those initiatives. In this regard, she reported that St Kitts and Nevis would continue to work in concert with the CARICOM Secretariat and other international development partners to focus on civic participation, education and workforce, drug demand reduction, juvenile justice reform and regional coordination as critical strands of social development and crime prevention.Caribbean News Now Sharing is caring! Share 95 Views no discussions NewsRegional Traditional socialisation agents have failed to mitigate gang culture, says St Kitts-Nevis minister by: – November 16, 2011 Share Share
Fishers, Ind. — Indiana congressman Luke Messer is calling an Associated Press report about his wife’s salary as an attorney for the city of Fishers a “potshot.” The AP says Jennifer Messer is paid $20,000 per month working as a contract lawyer for the suburb on the north side of Indianapolis.“I’ve seen Jennifer work late at night and set the alarm for 4 o’clock in the morning to serve her clients’ needs. Running a family and running a business is not easy. My wife does it with extraordinary grace, as I’m sure other working mothers can understand. I am proud of my wife, and I know the people who work with her every day are proud of her, too,” said Luke Messer.The Associated Press says Mrs. Messer does work for the city from Washington D.C. and has attended a meeting in Fishers since 2015. Since 2015 the municipality has paid the congressman’s wife about $580,000.The report also says Mrs. Messer is paid much more than other government lawyers in the state, including lawyers working for the governor.The mayor of Fishers, Scott Fadness stands by the contract and says Mrs’ Messer has been instrumental in the economic success the city has experienced in recent years.
Mindy Lou Hasch, age 29, of Osgood passed away, early Monday September 11 at her home outside of town after a brief illness. She was born the daughter of Michael Hasch and Carol Stuehrenberg on February 18, 1988 in Greensburg.Mindy grew up in the area along with her sisters and was a graduate of the 2006 Class of Jac-Cen-Del, and loved her friends and fellow classmates. She enjoyed the outdoors, from mushroom hunting to fishing, was her relaxation. She was passionate about her nieces and nephews, and loved spending time with them.Mindy is survived by parents Michael Hasch (Big Lake, Alaska) and Carol Stuehrenberg (step dad Marvin Nickell) of Osgood, sisters Erin (Jacob) Hyatt of Beaufort, SC, Lacey Hasch of Greensburg, Kelsay (Jason) Burkholder, and Chailley Stuehrenberg of Versailles. Her nieces and nephews are Devin, Allison, Kennedy, Frankey, Jolie, and Abby.Visitation will be held Wednesday September 13, 2017 from 4:00 -6:00 pm. with a Funeral Service being held at 6:00 pm, all services will be held at Neal’s Funeral Home in Osgood. Memorials may be given to the “Make a Wish Foundation” in care of the funeral home.
The video was made as part of an advertising campaign for the clothing company which introduced the H&M Modern Essentials collection for Autumn 2016. Advertisement He played a gladiator, a cowboy and a surfer in a number of Pepsi campaigns and worked alongside Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez, as well as a handful of world class footballers. Who could forget this famous Sumo ad, which will go down as one of the most iconic of all time.Read Also:Tyson shows terrifying power, speed in latest training clipHe even joined celebrity friend Kevin Hart in a hilarious video released by H&M, in which the former-England captain ‘saves the life’ of the comedian by capturing a snake with his bare hands. David Beckham divided the world when he appeared in one of the most memorable adverts of all time, back in 2011.If you’re a sceptic like me, then you’ll have questioned this almost impossible feat straight away, but the 44-year-old has always maintained that the footage is genuine. Promoted ContentInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Iconic Roles Nobody Wanted To Play6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone6 Unusual Facts About Bollywood, Pollywood And TollywoodA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Completely Unexpected Facts About The US President’s DaughterCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks The debate still continues to this day on social media, nine years after it was released.Beckham, who was playing with LA Galaxy at the time, smashes three shots into three different trash cans as a very excited bloke commentates over the entire thing. We bow down to your wand of a right foot, David, but we’re not entirely convinced. Loading… Is it genuine or fake? You decide. The footage went down a hit with fans. It received over one million views in just a matter of days when it was released in 2011, but how does it compare to some of his other appearances?Beckham has featured in a number of iconic adverts down the years. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
“I watched a couple races before and set up the car for the bottom. I had a feeling Chris would run the top. That’s where he won the tour race a couple years ago,” explained Wojtek, who’d run fifth that night, in his one previous outing at Bells. “There were a lot of good drivers there. It was exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time,” said Wojtek, not challenged following that final restart. “This was just the second time I raced there but it’s very similar to my home track Abilene Speedway so I felt right at home.” Shelby Williams was the Smiley’s Racing Products Southern SportMod winner. Elliott pulled alongside Wojtek on the third lap and the front pair ran side-by-side much of the way before a late restart. Wojtek started on the pole and led start to finish in the Red River South Tour feature for IMCA Modifieds at Grayson County Speedway. He earned $1,000 and a Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot berth for the victory, which came ahead of Chris Elliott and 12th starting Cody Leonard. Making just his IMCA Modified career second start at Grayson County Speedway, Fred Wojtek earned $1,000 and a spot on the Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot for his Thursday night Red River Tour victory. (Photo by Stacy Kolar, Southern Sass Photography) Josh McGaha and opening night winner William Gould completed the top five. BELLS, Texas (July 2) – Fred Wojtek felt right at home Thursday night, on a track he’d only raced at once before. Feature results – 1. Fred Wojtek; 2. Chris Elliott; 3. Cody Leonard; 4. Josh McGaha; 5. William Gould; 6. Jeff Taylor; 7. Ken Schrader; 8. Dustin Hyde; 9. Chaz Baca; 10. Matt Guillaume; 11. Dillon Tindall; 12. Justin Radcliff; 13. Chris Bragg; 14. Brint Hartwick; 15. Shannon Hartline; 16. Chad Melton; 17. Larry Adam; 18. Jimmy Reeves; 19. Garrett Gregory; 20. Chuck Sanders; 21. Ryan Doyon; 22. Chris Morris; 23. Beau Collins; 24. Michael Ables; 25. Jeffrey Abbey.